Now that we’re a few weeks into our kickball season, it’s time to step back and review the first part of the season. (And if you missed our original scouting report, check it out here!)
- Teamwork - Vector LOVES teamwork and can have fun doing anything. Some other teams in our league spend the entire game yelling at the ump over calls and talking smack about the opposing team. Vector employees, however, go out there and have fun and roll with the punches. So what if we lose, as long as we are out there having fun and building relationships with each other!
- THE ARM - Rod has a new nickname and he is owning it.
- Victory - We won the first game we played & have not been shy about adding runs since. Even though we are losing, we’re still scoring runs and getting baserunners. The pieces are there, we just need them to fall into place. [Editor's Note: after this draft was written, we won our May 9th game!]
- Injuries - Allyssa broke her nose AND needed stitches. While holding down 1st base like nobody else could, Allyssa ended up taking a knee to the nose. This resulted in A LOT of blood and a fiasco trying to get an ambulance into a park. Ever the team player, Allyssa felt BAD that she wouldn’t be able to play kickball for a little while.
- High fives - Nobody loves high fives. HOW? I don’t know. This is something I’m working on with the team and hoping we get to a good place soon.
- Nick’s batting average - As co-captain, Vector had high expectations for Nick’s athletic performance. Unfortunately, Nick has not lived up to the hype. Batting .143, Nick has only had one hit. Additionally, his fielding skills leave a lot to be desired. Hopefully he steps up and shows the team what a true co-captain looks like.
- WHERE IS LAUREN?- Our star player has been MIA this season. When will she ever make her debut? There are whisperings around the dugout that she would like to gracefully enter retirement, but can you retire from something if you never started?