October was a busy month for everyone at Vector. Let's review the highlights.
We welcomed new members to the team:
- Donavin Scott is our new Director of Project Management, with an amazing vision of Vector's future. Fun fact: Donavin is a member of the Board of Directors of The Classical Theatre of Harlem. We're very excited to have him on board!
- Stephen Lewis joined the Vector team as a full-time developer after working with us for many years as a contractor. He is an avid PHP and Python developer, with a ton of ExpressionEngine and Craft experience. Fun fact: As part of his furniture design degree, he created a 6ft tall CD tower. It could only accommodate 4 CDs. Welcome to the team!
Our successful launches included:
- EL Education: Vector was charged with bringing the new EL Education brand online into a new interactive framework. On the design side we crafted a visual site that moves and animates with the user's interactions, providing them with a platform to excite their users with the new brand. On the development side, we built out a complicated content structure into an intuitive and clean Craft CMS build that allows the EL team to focus on their content in an easy to use back-end.
- Zwoosh: Working closely with Zwoosh's founder Maria Perez-Brown (the creator of Nickelodeon’s Emmy-nominated series Gullah Gullah Island), the Vector team conceived of the Zwoosh brand from the ground up -- creating everything from the logo and color / pattern library to the website and printed materials. Our development team brought the site to life with a responsive build designed to highlight the fun of the brand.
A few members of our development team shared their expertise at conferences and on the web:
- Our Technical Lead, Ben Smith, spoke at the 2015 ExpressionEngine Conference in San Antonio. His talk, "Enterprise-level EE: Uptime, Speed, and Scale," covered how we at Vector run EE for large enterprise-level websites, including performance tweaks, HTTP caching, cloud computing, load balancing, leveraging Docker, and more. Nice work, Ben! Here are his slides. Don’t hesitate to email or tweet him with any questions!
- Developer Sam Hernandez gave a quick introduction to Craft as a lighting talk for NomadPHP. While the presentation is geared toward PHP developers specifically, Sam explains why anyone interested in Craft would appreciate the “live preview” feature and why it’s a game-changer for content authors and developers alike. Awesome job, Sam!
Back-End Developer Joe Ferguson gave not one, but two talks at ZendCon 2015, the global PHP conference in Las Vegas. The talks were titled “Laravel Forge: Hello World to Hello Production” and “DevOps for Small Teams.”
Read about us in the news:
- Co-Founder/President of Marketing & Strategy, Lee Goldberg was invited to speak at the annual winter Search Insider Summit in Park City. Don't miss his talk, "Moving Programmatic Media Buys Into The Hands Of Search Marketers" this December!
- MediaPost highlighted Vector's unique approach to optimizing paid search campaigns in real time.
Want to hear more about what's happening at Vector? Get in touch.